Neighbourhood Watch is a scheme/association run for, and by, members of the local community and is supported by the police.
Benefits of the scheme:
- Free access to Sussex Alert (early information regarding crimes or suspicious behaviour)
- Advice on how to report suspicious activity
- Access to your local policing team and Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator
- Provision of regular local crime information in your area
- Information about security products that reduce thefts and increase the chance of offenders being caught
- Details on how to register your property and search for details of stolen property prior to buying equipment
- Signs and stickers for your property showing that you are a member of a police supported initiative
- Our Hub office, a place to visit if you wish to just pop in and see us or arrange a meeting with our local PCSO
It’s easy to join: you can email to us your name and address and we can register for you: or
- Public Liability InsurancePublic Liability Insurance
- Click here to view the Sussex Memorandum of Understanding with Sussex Police.
- Click here to view the Sussex Memorandum of Understanding with NWN
ALERT SYSTEMS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Our Facebook page is updated with alerts as soon as we can and our web page under Alerts/updates
Log in to Our Alert System
Our data is held securely and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
VISAV Limited (VISAV) is both a data controller and a data processor. Public authority and safety organisations are represented on the Neighbourhood Alert system, these are called Information Providers (IP).
Each IP is a Data Controller and responsible for ensuring that access to data is restricted appropriately. Your data will not be shared without your explicit, opt-in consent and you can withdraw this permission at any time by logging in, using the settings button on any Alert email or contacting VISAV.
Why we need your data
This is so that IPs will be able to send you messages and manage the growth of active citizen-based communities. Messages are tailored to your requirements by the information you provide at registration or subsequently by logging into your account or answering surveys.
You have the right to unsubscribe, check, object and have your data deleted. You can also request a copy of your information in a structured, electronic format.
Who are we
VISAV Limited (VISAV), Sherwood Business Centre, 616a to 618a Mansfield Road, Sherwood, Nottingham, NG5 2GA. 0115 9245517, firstname.lastname@example.org
CO-OP INSURANCE SPONSORSHIP
By joining Neighbourhood Watch you are less likely to be a victim of burglary, which is why insurance companies sometimes offer discounts on home contents insurance.
Partnerships aims to set up 30,000 new schemes
The Co-op Insurance has announced it has become a primary sponsor of Neighbourhood Watch.
We are proud to be supported by the Co-op Insurance and ERA Home Security.
The sponsorship agreement between the insurer and the UK’s largest voluntary movement will initially last 12 months. It will see the organisations working together to achieve their common goals of bringing neighbourhoods together to create stronger relationships and